Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lab 3 Maps

Here is my lab 3 map before and after its update!
This is a map I created using US census data from the year 2000. It shows the percentage of white people per county in Idaho (which is a lot, so don't be confused by the big numbers!)
It is actually 4 separate maps, each showing a different method of classifying data. Natural Breaks, Quantities, Equal Interval, and Optimal is shown. As you can see, Idaho is a predominately white state.


Before

After






Lab 3 was my most recent map that I created. It is in a different league than those original Lab1 maps I created, but it still had room for improvement. First, I changed the map so it fit on normal, printable pages. I also decided to change it from “landscape” to “portrait” because Idaho is a tall, semi-skinny state, making “portrait” mode a more natural choice. I also changed the obnoxious fancy North Arrow to a better one. The map hasn’t really changed much, but it is bigger and easier to read now in the same amount of space as the original.


No comments:

Post a Comment